Russia
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 08:45 
Usuario registrado

:shock:

Hello I am from Russia and wanted to know when the planned release.
Will it in Russian?

Sorry.

Re: Russia
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 11:56 
Co-Administrador

Hello Chengiskhan:

We have not a release date yet. We are still at the first stages. Probably it will be in English, with the posibility of translation by interested users.

Best regard and happy new year,

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 20:26 
Co-Administrador

Hello Chengiskhan,

all materials and media related to the sim will be released (if possible) in both English (universal language) and Spanish (the team's native language). More languages might be added directly depending on our possibilities, like might be French, Italian, or German. Any other languages, will probably need external translations from the community.

Cheers

P.S.: Oh, and I'm moving this post to the English section. :arrow:

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2010, 00:46 
Usuario registrado

HOla amigos! So great job! Im impressed!

Trainsim team Russia and all old good MSTS fans ready to go to store bye super computers.

http://www.trainsim.ru team

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2010, 17:15 
Usuario registrado

Good evening dear Quattro Studios.

As another proud Russian, I would love to express my gratitude for the simulator project you are doing and wish you all the best on that. I would also like to use this opportunity to greet my fellow russian comrades.

I noticed this project from an Norwegian forum actually and I am spreading the word around in my community.

May we see this project alive and well all through the years, and if I can be of any help, do let me know.

Kind Regards
Damien

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2010, 01:51 
Co-Administrador

Let me say that it is amazing to see how far is the word spreading, our audience now reaches to distant parts of the world, and we're very proud to see that the stuff being made is having such a positive reception within the community.

We're also very thankful to all the people and communities that have so far expressed their wish to help. Though at the moment, we can't really have any more help, in pro of a steadier development flow because, the sim looks advanced, but what you're seeing is just the environmental engine core and lower I/O operations... we still have a loooong road ahead of us which includes, among others, the development of the whole railway sytems (programming), and filling the environment with the proper objects (3D models and entity behaviour programming).

Our current priority is finishing the basic core, which will feed the simulation and editor core. Within that, there are a few departments to develop, like sound, object physics, and integrating Ogre's new terrain manager (1.7.0). Also pending development are the external tools we might need to manage our content further on. We need to finish that, or it will take us forever. Once we have that basis done, or further on, we might require some help when we can diversify our development. :)

Cheers

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 20:07 
Usuario registrado

Dear Mix-martes86

It is great to hear the project coming along. I do hope you will keep us posted with the updates eventually as your project progresses.

And in what form would the unfinished content be made availiable, SVN, or other form for repositories? I am asking this, because if eventual sources were laid out to an SVN repository. Some more people would be able to contribbute to the development, making it faster and more efficient.

Kind Regards
Damien

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 22:51 
Co-Administrador

Hi,

I have thought, personally, that an SVN or a repository of some sort would actually benefit development at some stage. But currently, it hasn't been really necessary due to how development is progressing. We haven't really discussed this matter, so I can't tell you which way it might or might not go. And we don't know yet if and when we would really need so much help to actually setup a public repository. It's the kind of thing that really needs time to settle down, to let us see what to do at each moment, it's too early to make so many plans.

As for progress, not much lately, other than the fact that I've finally compiled the Ogre 1.7 and QSRS plugins system successfully (I've been out of comission for a while, even had a HD failure recently and lost part of my dev environments), so I'll be able to work now with the new version of the engine core (up until now, I worked on Ogre 1.6), and so we should see some more progress. :D

Cheers

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2010, 23:08 
Usuario registrado

Dear Miguel.

I am happy to hear that things are not an standstill, and I am sure some people would appreciate, if you have possibly the same images you posted in an earlier thread, with the catenary and such. And if you have them in an 1.7 version. If there is any differences at all. If there are, you could probably just update the "old" ones, and if not, then I am sorry to bother you.

I myself have compiled 1.7 successfully on my laptop out of curiousity. But I have yet to learn my programming. ;) But I do wish you luck in this mindblowing concept

Kind Regards

Damien

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 00:12 
Co-Administrador

Hi,

no differences in graphics that I know of. Improvements come mostly in the background: code and bug fixes, and the new paged terrain module, and probably some other stuff that I'm not aware of (haven't read the changelog). I haven't had a good look to compare, but I haven't seen any big differences, those usually come with any new module or new code installed in the core, otherwise, everything stays pretty much the same for the regular user, it's us programmers who usually notice the changes (and bugs). :lol:

Cheers